PACKAGING COUNCIL OF SINGAPORE (EXECUTIVE MEMBER)
Ms Betty Tan
Packaging Council of Singapore Industry Group
Singapore Manufacturing Federation
2985, Jalan Bukit Merah
Contact person: Ms Violet Er, Senior Executive
Phone: (65) 6826-3074 Fax: (65) 6826-3068
The Packaging Council of Singapore (PCS) was formed in 1975 as a sub-committee of the Singapore Manufacturing Federation (SMF) and attained the status of National Industry Club in 1986.
The Packaging Council of Singapore Industry Group (PCS IG) serves as a catalyst in driving packaging innovation and creativity in global health and environmental issues. PCS is a member of the Asian Packaging Federation (APF) and the World Packaging Organisation (WPO). Through these networks, members are able to tap on this extensive resource to exchange knowledge and experiences.
PCS aims to leverage on packaging technology to gain competitive edge in innovation and creativity through several strategies. This include organising seminars to inculcate the importance of packaging concepts and technology and promote awareness on the importance of packaging functional performance in terms of consumer needs and impact on health and environment. To further reinforce sustainable packaging materials, concepts and practices, PCS organizes the Annual Singapore Packaging Star (SPSA) Award, facilitates the Asia Star Award and the World Star Award competitions to allow members to display their creativity and to keep themselves abreast of the packaging laws and regulations.
The Objectives of the Packaging Council of Singapore are:
- To be the voice of the packaging industry in Singapore and act as a catalyst to bring about growth and development in the packaging industry.
- To forge closer interactions and co-operation with local and foreign packaging and packaging related organization/ association.
- To represent the industry’s view in environmental issues concerning the packaging industry, particularly in the wastes minimization, recycling and resource conservation.
- To create awareness and support effort to ensure product quality, environment protection and consumer satisfaction.
- To conduct and promote packaging related seminars, conferences and exhibitions aimed at promoting excellence in packaging and keeping members informed of the latest trends and technology in the packaging industry.
To organise regular dialogue sessions with other organisations, government and quasi-government bodies as well as update members of dialogue outcomes.
Ms Betty Tan
Sin Cheong Containers Mfg Co Pte Ltd
Mr Lloyd Lowe
BASF South East Asia Pte Ltd
Ms Susan Chong
Greenpac (S) Pte Ltd
Mr Philip Lee
Sealed Air (S) Pte Ltd
Mr Randy Ang
Starlite Printers (Far East) Pte Ltd
Mr Richard Ng
Transicom Engineering Pte Ltd
Ms May Yap
LHT Holdings Limited
Mr Terrence Hong
AsiaWide Print Holdings Pte Ltd
Ms Tan Yee Wen Kelly
Modern Pak (Pte) Ltd
Mr Yeap Kok Lim Alan
Sustainable Green Solutions Pte Ltd
Mr Andrew Tan
Bericap Asia Pte Ltd
Ms Diane Yeo
Fagerdala Singapore Pte Ltd
Ms Toh Lili
L’earth (S) Pte Ltd
Mr Rodney Loh
Nextofkin Creatives Pte Ltd
Mr Albert Lim
Packagers Pte Ltd
Ms Andelyn Oh
Sin Chew Woodpaq Pte Ltd
Mr Benjamin Tan
Stream Peak International Pte Ltd